Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Raymond

Ok, this is the post I have written, deleted, rewritten, deleted, etc. Why is this post so hard to write? Well the main reason is I feel responsible for finding "Raymond" his forever family! And let me tell you, that is a lot of pressure! Especially because who am I to beg people to adopt this boy when I have yet to adopt? Who am I to ask people for money? I know from my experience with donating to families, that I usually donate when I am particularly moved by a post from a blogger. Well, now the show is on the other foot and I have to be that blogger that inspires or moves people! Yikes! All I can do is speak from my heart and let the chips fall where they may.

Here is the few lines that we know about Raymond: 
Raymond has arthrogryposis, and optic nerve atrophy, and he is cross- eyed. He desperately needs a family to care for him and help him reach his full potential! If Raymond is not adopted, he's destined for a life in bed, with little outside stimulation.

Three whole sentences, and one blurry picture!  Wow!  This boy has been alive for 5 years and that is all the information we can get on him?  The first sentence is a pretty short list of his needs.  They are not what define this little boy!  I have seen kids with much more special needs than him, get into a loving home and thrive!  The second sentence is just the simple truth and the ultimate goal for him!  The last sentence is what we need to avoid at all costs!!  Now since he just turned five (just like my son), the first part of that sentence may have come to fruition but the last part.....that can change.  Someone just has to say "YES!"

Back to the first paragraph, Who am I to ask?  Why can't I go get him and leave you all alone?  Well there are a few road blocks in my way not the least of which is my husband is not on board.  The other is my medical history, in most regions of his birth country, they have very tight restrictions.  So as I wait and hope and pray that these blocks will get knocked down, I must do what I can to help these children find homes!  

I wrote a longer post explaining my journey and trust me, if my heart could be open to special needs orphans, anyone's can!  I never had any desire to adopt, any experience with special needs and yet here I sit, advocating and donating and praying for these angels and even contemplating adopting!  Any person who has known me for any length of time is probably reading this with their jaws on the ground...LOL  So to those people, I say, pick your jaws up, go to Reece's Rainbow, search for Raymond and look at his picture!  It's very easy to fall in love with him! 

I have wondered since I signed up to be his prayer warrior if I am a good enough person.  Are my prayers going to be heard?  After all, I am not a live by the bible every day, uber conservative Christian/Catholic who prays all the time and goes to church every Sunday and is part of the church choir.  But I want to be that person!  And I know what is in my heart even if it's not on the outside all the time.  Raymond, however, is a good person.  I dare any of his caretakers to tell me a sin he has committed!  He is an innocent child made perfect in God's image.  He is not a shameful secret to be kept locked up!  He is a child who needs a family!  Please, please all I want is for him to be home, getting therapy, walking, running, laughing, playing!  Just like my 5 year old!  Please open your hearts!  Ok I will stop begging now!  But I will not stop shouting for Raymond until he has his "gotcha day!"

Here is the link to the website where he will be featured the whole month of August!

http://arthrogryposisadoption.blogspot.com/2012/07/thank-you-for-helping-morrisons-win.html



No comments:

Post a Comment