Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I once was blind but now I see....

I believe it was 2 years ago when I was following a blog of a friend of my cousin in law.  My cousin in law or April, had posted on facebook to pray for her friend who had just given birth to her baby at 25 weeks gestation!  I immediately followed the link and began folowing along as day after day, the baby boy made progress.  Some days there wouldn't be an update and I started looking through this family's blog archives.  This family had had multiple miscarriages and had started their family by adopting a little boy from Russia.  After a few more miscarriages and even a failed domestic adoption, they adopted a little girl from Asia.  They had stopped trying to get pregnant and were working on a domestic adoption of a little boy when, you guessed it, they got pregnant!  This was like her 9th pregnancy and through a lot of proactive measures taken, she was able to carry him past the first trimester but then by 25 weeks, she had to give birth to her 1 lb 8oz baby boy.  I won't keep you in suspense, he is now a healthy 2 year old!  One of the days I went to her blog to check on baby B., I saw a post that made my jaw drop!  A family was in Russia trying to adopt a 5 year old boy with down syndrome and the judge had told them the boy would be better off in a mental institution!  I could not believe what I was reading!  And I went to that family's blog and began following them and praying that their appeal would be successful and he would be theirs! (Spoiler alert: he is!)  But before that joyous day happened for them, my eyes were being pryed open to things I never imagined and wished I could have nailed them shut against!

Through that blog I saw the button for Reece's Rainbow, so I clicked it and my life has never been the same again.  I started reading about all these children being locked away from society and treated worse than the lowest animal and I would cry.  Then I would weep with joy when a new face would pop up on the My family found me page.  I started following all the family's blogs and pray for all of them and donate and reach out and I suddenly found myself searching for kids who might share a name of birthdate with a loved one.  I relate to alot of things through dates and names.  I searched for my dad's name (He passed away on 1/15/10 and it was the hardest thing I have ever dealt with.)  Sure enough, a little boy popped up and his date of birth is the same month and year as my son Tristan. Talk about a slap in the face!  If only it stopped there....

I will write more posts about how God has spoken to me through dates and names but now I need to shift my focus solely to Raymond!  You see August is his month to be featured on a special website dedicated to orphans with Arthrogryposis.  The link is below and hopefully my post will be linked to that website soon!  Please consider giving $12.00 as the theme is 12 in 12 (12 kids in 12 months)  This is quite an opportunity to get his face out there!  Please share with your friends and families and please check back for updates!

http://arthrogryposisadoption.blogspot.com/2012/07/thank-you-for-helping-morrisons-win.html

No comments:

Post a Comment